- Wash your bedding at least once a week on a 60 degree wash – The simple truth is that dust mites are hardly little critters. They can survive when washed at a low temperatures. Regular washing at 60 degrees will ensure the problem is managed and does not get out of control.
- Protect your mattresses and bed linen – Where possible use mattress, duvet and pillow protectors. These items will ensure that dust mites do not penetrate into the fabric fibres and main body of the mattress
- Vacuum your carpets daily – Simple advice. and one the most effective things you can do. Vacuuming daily reduces the number of dust mites living in your carpets and upholstery and reduces the risk of breeding.
- Increase ventilation – Dust mites thrive in humid environments, so ensure that your home is correctly ventilated. Install and use extractor fans, or open windows and doors while cooking or after bathing to ensure that steam is removed, instead of gathering and creating the humidity mites love.
- Get your carpets and upholstery cleaned regularly – Even a clean looking carpet or suite will contain dust mites. So don’t just clean for appearance. Regular cleaning every 12-18 months will help to greatly reduce mite numbers. For allergy sufferers we also offer an anti-allergen treatment using an all natural solution which renders dust mite allergens completely harmless.
- Use a specialist anti-allergen spray– We have a topical spray which can be applied as often as required to carpets, upholstery, mattresses, bed linen and curtains. Our Dust Mite Anti-Allergen spray neutralises dust mite allergens and provides effective allergy relief for up to 90 days after application, ideal for use between your regular cleans.
With our Healthy Home service for Carpets or Upholstery your family will be fully protected. Call us now for a free, no obligation quote…